Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Spectacular Speeches

Spectacular Speeches
On Monday 20th October, I went to the St. John’s Hall on Bowen Street for the Lions Junior Speechmaker Contest, as I had come 2nd for the school speeches. My speech topic was ‘If I could own a magic pencil’. I said my speech last out of the eight contestants, but I didn’t come last, I came first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girl who came second had a very funny speech about ‘If I could talk to animals’. Both the girls who came 2nd and 3rd were from St. Josephs Catholic School. All contestants received a $50 voucher for Paper Plus. And because I came 1st, I got a HUGE shield, almost the size of me! Next, I will go to Hawera for another speech competition, against Year 7s and 8s.


By K. Rogers 



No comments:

Post a Comment